Who is Homebirth Australia?
HBA is the peak national body for Homebirth in Australia. For over thirty years, HBA has worked to support consumers and midwives who choose homebirth. The organisation is run by volunteers – consumers and midwives.
Homebirth Australia aims to:
- support the rights of homebirth parents to choose how, where and with whom they give birth.
- increase public awareness and acceptance of homebirth.
- provide communication and support to members of Homebirth Australia.
- provide information to parents planning homebirth.
- provide information, support and networking to service providers.
- convene an annual national conference.
If you are interested in having a homebirth and want to contact a private midwife you can find a midwife in your local area here or please contact Homebirth Australia.
Disclaimer – The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. This website is not a substitute for health and medical advice from a qualified health professional. Users of this website should always seek the advice of a qualified health professional with any questions they have regarding their health or a medical condition.
Homebirth Australia Committee 2019/2020
Coordinator – Grace Sweeney
Assistant Coordinator – Elizabeth Murphy
Secretary – Rachele Meredith
Treasurer – Catherine Walker
Assistant Treasurer – Melissa McFarlane
Archivist: Tere Garnon-Williams
Community Support – Sam Rouse
Activism – Amanda Cuylon
Policy – Rachel Reed & Kahlia Sullivan
Social Media – Ann Clarke & Sophie Edwards
Public Officer – Sophie Edwards